A Community in the Heart of Western North Carolina
Western North Carolina is a great place to call home. The seasons come alive here with breathtaking colors of the changing leaves in the fall, graceful, majestic mountain snowfalls in the winter, nature’s most beautiful flowers and plants blooming in the spring, and the wonders of wildlife on display in the summer.
Avalon Mountain Community is in the heart of this magnificent place. Avalon lets you escape the hustle and bustle of life in a peaceful mountain paradise. This award winning mountain community offers luxury homes customized to your tastes and lifestyle. All homesites have spectacular mountain views, yet each site is unique and special. You can design your own home or work with our team of builders and architects to view designs of model homes.
Avalon is a top Eco Community and strives to offer its residents balance between contemporary and traditional homes, surrounded by the beauty of nature. Everywhere you look, there is magnificent scenery, and it is part of Avalon’s charm. The mountain backdrop is incorporated into every aspect of this community with the goal to preserve the rich natural heritage of the land.
Avalon Mountain Community Overview:
Each homesite has something special to offer and homes can be customized to your preferences.
- Price range $175,000 to $295,000
- Size 1 to 4 acres
- Elevation 3,100’ to 4,000’
- Mature hardwoods
- Easy access build sites
- No time frame to build
- Architectural Design Guidelines
- Minimum house size 1600 sq ft for a single story, 1,800 sq ft for a two story
Each homesite has access to utilities from local, reputable companies.
- Power – Haywood EMC
- Water – Junaluska Sanitary District
- Phone & Internet – AT&T
- Septic – Haywood County Health Department
- Homesite soil evaluations complete
Each site is subject to property taxes that follow district and county guidelines.
- Haywood County 0.5661 per $100
- Junaluska Sanitary District 0.06 per $100
- Junaluska Fire Dist .0750 per $100
- $7 per $1000 assessed value
- Home value $500,000 = $3,500.00 a year
Avalon has a Home Owners Association that maintains the community.
- $1,420 annually
- Road maintenance
- Gated entrance
- Entrance and roadway lighting and landscaping
- Snow removal
- Common area maintenance
For more community information, please download any or all of the free brochures and guidelines below.
Sign-up below to receive the latest list of available homesites with pricing: